1) An individual must be 18 years of age to enter any class at WVC Transitional Studies. Any student 16 or 17 years old whose class has not yet graduated from high school will need to be released from the K-12 school system in which he or she is, or should be, registered. Contact WVC Transitional Studies for the school district release form, 509.682.6790.
2) Currently we do not offer ABE or ESL courses during summer quarter at the Wenatchee campus. ABE summer instruction is offered at SkillSource Wenatchee and at the Omak campus.
3) Tuition and fees for WVC Transitional Studies classes are $35 per student per quarter, regardless of how many classes you take during the quarter.
For the Wenatchee Campus:
To enter the program, you must attend a scheduled orientation session. Orientations are available by appointment prior to the start of each academic quarter (September, December, and March), and on a limited basis throughout the quarter. Space is limited and walk-ins are strongly discouraged.
Orientations will last about four hours and will include screening, testing, advising and registration. You will meet with instructors to review test scores, register for classes and pay tuition and fees ($35 total). Please bring a check, money order, or debit/credit card – no cash is accepted at the orientation.
ABE testing will include reading and math assessments and a writing sample. ESL testing will include reading and listening assessments and an oral interview. Students enrolling in both ABE and ESL classes will take all assessments.
Call 509.682.6790 to reserve a space at an Wenatchee Campus orientation session.
For all other locations:
- Contact the class location/instructors in your area.
- Omak Campus (ABE, HS21+ and ESL classes) – 509.422.7958
- SkillSource Wenatchee (ABE/High School Equivalency Preparation, HS21+) –509.663.3091
- All other locations: 509.682.6790.
- Register and test for placement in class.
- Pay $35 tuition and fees.
- Go to class.