Welcome to WVC! To return to the homepage simply click on the WVC logo at the top left corner of any page.
Home | About | Contact | News | Programs | Site Index | Español  

Contact Information
DSS Responsibilities
Grievance Process
Service Animals
Services and Access
Student Access Home
Student Responsibilities
WVC Responsibilities
Get Started Now!

Student Access Office



The process to establish eligibility begins when the student provides the student access office/DSS with documentation that gives a diagnosis and description of a disability. The documentation can be hand-carried, faxed or mailed to:


Wenatchee Campus   Omak Campus
Student Access Office    Student Access Office
c/o Carla Boyd   c/o Vicki Turner
Wenatchee Valley College    WVC at Omak
1300 Fifth Street   PO Box 2058
Wenatchee, WA 98801   Omak, WA 98841-2058


The fax number for the Wenatchee campus is 509.682.6841. (Attention: Carla Boyd)



Documentation for the Wenatchee campus can also be hand-delivered to Wenatchi Hall, Room 2133. For the Omak campus, visit NHB room 418.


The following information is needed when establishing your eligibility for services. Please share this list with your physician or the professional who can document your disability:.


  • Diagnosis

Must be stated clearly and be supported by additional information. Contact DSS for a form the documenting professional can complete to provide the necessary, comprehensive information. 

  • Recommendations

The documenting professional may provide recommendations for specific accommodations or services, but the student access coordinator reserves the right to make the final decision.


Learning Disability Assessment must include:

  • Current assessment including an IQ test (WAIS IV) and achievement test scores
  • Achievement test scores (Woodcock Johnson)
  • Raw data and interpretation
  • Specific recommendations for accommodations based on the interpreted tests may be included, but the student access coordinator reserves the right to make the final decision.


Students should bring documentation from a qualified professional specialist, according to the type of disability as shown in the following chart:



Disability  Category                                     Professionals to be consulted

ADD, AD/HD-------------------------------------------------Psychologist, Psychiatrist, or Physician

Emotional Disability  --------------------------------------Psychologist, Psychiatrist

Visual Impairment  ----------------------------------------Ophthalmologist

Hearing Impairment  --------------------------------------Audiologist

Learning Disability -----------------------------------------Psychologist, Neuropsychologist, Learning

Disabilities Specialist

Physical Disability-----------------------------------------Physician





1300 Fifth Street, Wenatchee, WA 98801
Phone: (509) 682-6800
Public Disclosure | Voter Registration
Disablity Services Disability Services

Donate Today!

116 West Apple Ave., Omak, WA 98841
Phone: (509) 422-7800

Last Modified: