Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
Applicants for the Nursing program at Wenatchee Valley College (WVC) are required to take the TEAS® Exam and meet the minimum score requirements. This is a multiple-choice assessment of basic academic knowledge in reading, mathematics, science, and English and language usage.
As of July 1, 2016, the TEAS test will change from the TEAS® V to the TEAS® Exam. Students applying to the WVC nursing program in June 2017 (for fall-start 2017) or after will be required to take and pass the TEAS® Exam.
- During the 2016-2017 academic year, the test will cost $55 (plus tax)
- Pay the fee prior to testing at the Cashier Office
- Bring photo ID and payment receipt to the test session
- Arrive on time - students who arrive late may be asked to reschedule
- The test can take up to four hours
- Students may not use calculators
- Students must earn a minimum Adjusted Individual Total Score of 58.7% or higher
- Additionally, students must earn a minimum cut score in each category:
- Reading 69% or higher
- Mathematics 63.3% or higher
- Science 45.8% or higher
- English and Language Usage 60% or higher
- Scores will be available to students immediately following the test
- Qualifying scores are valid for two years
There are a variety of study materials available and below are a few recommendations. Please note, the TEAS test is changing as of July 1, 2016 so ensure that any study materials you use are preparing you for the updated TEAS® Exam (not the TEAS® V). We recommend you visit the WVC library to view the available resources before deciding to purchase your own study guide.
- Official ATI TEAS® products
- Online study guides or books for purchase (these resources are not necessarily recommended by ATI but could be useful as you prepare to test):
Some students also find it helpful to test early. When you take the TEAS, your score printout will list Topics to Review, giving you a clear sense of the areas you need to improve in order to get a higher score.
Test Dates Spring 2017
Testing will begin in late winter quarter 2017. Check back later for exact dates.
To sign up for one of the tests offered on the Wenatchee campus, please call 509.682.6830. All tests will be held in Wells Hall, room 1033. The below dates are subject to change so please check back frequently.
To sign up for one of the tests offered on the Omak campus, please call 509.422.7952. All tests start at 9am and will be held in Mary Henrie Friendship Hall, room 209.
Students are allowed to take the TEAS® Exam test two times per calendar year. No less than 30 days must pass between each attempt. The $55 fee (plus tax) must be paid each time the test is taken.