Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
Applicants for the Nursing program at Wenatchee Valley College (WVC) are required to take and pass the TEAS® Exam. This is a multiple-choice assessment of basic academic knowledge in reading, mathematics, science, and English and language usage.
As of July 1, 2016, the TEAS test will change from the TEAS® V to the TEAS® Exam. Any student applying to the WVC nursing program in June 2017 or after will be required to take and pass the TEAS® Exam.
- During the 2016-2017 academic year, the test costs $55, plus tax.
- Pay the fee prior to testing at the Cashier Office.
- Bring photo ID and payment receipt to the test session.
- Arrive on time - students who arrive late may be asked to reschedule.
- The test can take up to four hours.
- Students may not use calculators.
- The minimum Adjusted Individual Total Score required to apply has previously been 50% or higher. The Nursing Department is currently deciding whether to raise the cut score for students applying in 2017 and beyond. Please check back later for more details.
- Scores will be available to students immediately following the test.
- Qualifying scores are valid for two years.
There are a variety of study materials available. Below are a few recommendations you could consider. Please note, the TEAS test is changing as of July 1, 2016 so ensure that any study materials you use are preparing you for the updated TEAS® Exam (not the TEAS® V). We recommend you visit the WVC library to view the available resources before deciding to purchase your own study guide.
- Official ATI study guides and practice tests are available to purchase online:
- Free online study guides can be found here:
- Other study guides you could purchase online (these resources are not necessarily recommended by ATI but could be useful as you prepare to test):
Some students also find it helpful to test early. When you take the TEAS, your score printout will list Topics to Review, giving you a clear sense of the areas you need to improve in order to get a higher score.
Test Dates Spring 2017
Testing will begin in winter 2017. Check back later for exact dates.
To sign up for one of the tests offered on the Wenatchee campus, please call 509.682.6830. All tests will be held in Wells Hall, room 1033. The below dates are subject to change so please check back frequently.
To sign up for one of the tests offered on the Omak campus, please call 509.422.7952. All tests start at 9am and will be held in Mary Henrie Friendship Hall, room 209.
Students are allowed to take the TEAS® Exam test two times per year. No less than 30 days must pass between each attempt. The $55 fee, plus tax, must be paid each time the test is taken.