When are applications accepted?
The program starts every fall quarter and takes 2 years
to complete. Applications are accepted in June every year. The next application window will be June 2017
(exact dates will be posted during spring quarter 2017).
What are the application requirements?
You must be 18 by the first day of the program to apply. You must also complete all general requirements and prerequisites (PDF)
before applying. Once those requirements are met, complete all the steps below.
- Apply to WVC
- Read the application instructions (this will be posted during spring quarter 2017)
- Complete the Nursing Application (this will be posted during spring quarter 2017)
- Attach up-to-date sealed, official college transcripts from all colleges where you have earned credit (excluding WVC)
- You can have your transcripts mailed directly to WVC but it is preferred that you attach them to your application
- Attach a copy of one of the following:
- Certificate of Completion from an approved Nursing Assistant program
- Current Washington state NA-C License
- Attach your Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) score printout
- Submit your application
How are applications evaluated?
Selection of students for the program is based on grades. Specifically, the program considers:
- Your cumulative college GPA
- Your average grade from BIOL& 241, BIOL& 242, and BIOL& 260 (or equivalent)
- Repetition of these courses may affect your application
- Your grade from ENGL& 101 (or equivalent)
What if I am already a LPN?
LPNs who want to become RNs should start by requesting an official Credit Evaluation (PDF)
. Once your credits are evaluated, you will work with the Dean of Allied Health & Nursing to determine your next steps.
What do I need to complete if I am accepted?
All applicants will be notified about a month after applying. If you are accepted to the Nursing program, you must complete all the requirements detailed on this page (PDF)
as well as all items listed in the acceptance packet. You should also be prepared to pay a $50, non-refundable, acceptance fee.
Additionally, all students accepted to the Nursing program must plan to attend two orientations. For students applying to the fall-start 2017 program, the two required orientation sessions are scheduled for August 7, 2017 and September 5, 2017. Students should plan to be available for both days.
What else should I know before applying to the Nursing program?
- Acceptance to WVC does not guarantee acceptance to the Nursing program.
- If you leave the Nursing program for any reason, contact the Dean of Allied Health & Nursing to discuss your re-entry options (509.682.6660).
- On-the-job physical requirements include the ability to lift 50 pounds, carry 20 pounds, sit for 4 hours, and stand for 8-12 hours.
- Conviction of certain crimes may prevent completion of the clinical requirements of the program and may prevent future licensure and employment in health care. A criminal record check is required prior to any clinical training experience or clinical field trips. If you have a criminal record, meet with the Dean of Allied Health & Nursing (509.682.6660) to determine if your criminal history would prevent access to a health care facility.