Welcome to WVC! To return to the homepage simply click on the WVC logo at the top left corner of any page.
Home | About | Contact | News | Programs | Site Index | Español  

Running Start Home
Running Start Handbook
Prospective Students
  -  Who Qualifies?
  -  What to Consider First
  -  How to Enroll
  -  Info Sessions
  -  Compass Testing
  -  Student Fees
Current Students
  -  Calendar
Transfer Resources
 University Admissions
  -  Transferring Credit
  -  University Scholarships
Home/Private School
Parent Information
Get Started Now!

Running Start


Who Qualifies?


Any Washington State high school junior or senior can enroll in Running Start, provided that they are already registered or register with a Washington public school district.  The only other qualifications for enrollment are college-level Reading and Writing Compass scores.  A college-level math Compass score is also required to take math related courses.


Students Need:

  • Junior or senior status by the fall of the school year they begin Running Start.
  • College-level reading and writing Compass scores.
  • College-level math Compass score if they take a math or math related course.


The student ultimately makes the decision as to whether they are ready for college-level coursework on a full time or part time basis. The college, the student's high school, and parents cannot make the student's choice of whether to take advantage of Running Start for them. However, students are encouraged to take their guidance under consideration. For more to consider see What to Consider First.


Home School and Private School Students

Home school and private school students must register with a public school district to take advantage of Running Start.



1300 Fifth Street, Wenatchee, WA 98801
Phone: (509) 682-6800
Public Disclosure | Voter Registration
Disablity Services Disability Services

Donate Today!

116 West Apple Ave., Omak, WA 98841
Phone: (509) 422-7800

Last Modified: