All-USA / All-Washington Academic Team scholarships due Nov. 1
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK), international honor society for two-year colleges, is now accepting applications for the All-USA Academic Team scholarships. PTK members and non-members are eligible. The deadline to apply is Nov. 1.
The scholarships recognize academic achievement and community and college service. Wenatchee Valley College (WVC) may nominate two students to the All-USA Academic Team. Finalists to the national team are automatically named to the All-Washington Academic Team. In addition to multiple national team scholarship opportunities, state team finalists traditionally receive $750 scholarships and are eligible for scholarship award offers to four-year colleges and universities.
Conditions of Eligibility
- Enrolled at WVC at least through December 2010
- Have completed at least 48 college-level credit hours by Dec. 31, 2010, and be on track to complete at least 72 college-level credit hours by Aug. 31, 2011. (A minimum of 45 credit hours must have been completed at a community college within the past five years, fall 2005 to the present.)
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or above for college-level coursework completed in the last five years
- Have not been nominated to the All-Washington Academic Team in the past
- To apply, go to my.ptk.org/edge.
- Enter your username and password. Non-members may click a link to create an account.
- When prompted, enter the WVC enrollment key: MDMzMjgz9769
- The online application, minus letters of recommendation, must be completed by Nov. 1.
Contact Information and Resources
On the Wenatchee campus, contact Dr. Dan Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509.682.6752. On the Omak campus, contact Kit Arbuckle at email@example.com or 509.422.7845.
For further information about the All-USA Academic Team visit scholarships.ptk.org/aaat/announce.htm. For information about the All-Washington Academic Team visit www.spscc.ctc.edu/allwa/allwa.