FAFSA an WASFA completion night
WVC to host FAFSA completion events Jan. 22 and 24
Media Contact: Libby Siebens, executive director community relations, 509.682.6436 (Mon. – Thurs.)
High school seniors and others planning on taking college courses during the 2015-2016 academic year are encouraged to attend College Goal Washington, a hands-on college financial aid event at Wenatchee Valley College Wenatchee and Omak campuses. The event on the Wenatchee campus will be held Thursday, Jan. 22, from 6-8 p.m. in Wenatchi Hall. The Omak campus event will be Saturday, Jan. 24, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Mary Henrie Friendship Hall room 205.
Students unable to file for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) due to immigration status may instead complete the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA), which provides state funds to low-income, non-citizen students who meet the program's eligibility and residency requirements.
The Wenatchee campus event includes the scholarship workshop "College Bound Scholarship: What Seniors Need to Know," provided by the College Success Foundation. Activities for young children will be provided.
Assistance will be offered in both English and Spanish at both campus events.
Prospective students need to bring the following to the event:
- 2014 income tax forms, or 2013 tax forms if 2014 forms are not complete, and those of your parents if you are a dependent student
- FAFSA pin, if available (register for your pin at www.pin.ed.gov)
- Social Security Number
- Driver's license
- U.S. Resident Card number (if applicable)
- Untaxed income (untaxed social security benefits, TANF benefits, child support received etc.)
- Other financial information (W2's, net worth of real estate property, value of other investments such as stocks and bonds, etc.)
WVC's priority financial aid application deadline is March 1. Due to a high volume of applications, allow up to two weeks for processing. FAFSA applications can be submitted starting Jan. 1.
The Washington Student Achievement Council, in partnership with USA Funds, is the lead agency in administering the College Goal Washington campaign.