Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) courses teach basic patient caregiving skills. Upon completion of a CNA course, you are eligible to take the certification examination to become a licensed nursing assistant. Either a Certificate of Completion from a CNA course (with a minimum of 35 class and 50 clinical hours) or a current Washington State Nursing Assistant Certification License is required when applying to WVC's Nursing program. You can choose from the two options below when signing up for a CNA course (you must be 17 by the first day of the course).
Option 1: NURS 100A
On the Wenatchee campus, this course is usually offered every quarter from 9am-12pm, Monday - Thursday.
On the Omak campus, the class schedule varies. Always check the Course Schedule in case changes have been made and do not schedule other courses right after NURS 100A ends because you will need time to travel back to campus from clinical sites.
To register for NURS 100A, follow these steps:
- Decide which quarter to take NURS 100A
- Winter quarter 2018 is November 27, 2017
- Spring quarter 2018 is February 26, 2018
- Summer quarter 2018 is May 29, 2018
- Fall 2018 is May 29, 2018
- Complete the NURS 100A Application (PDF).
- Submit the completed application
- Wenatchee: Rhonda Yenney, Wenatchi Hall 2221E, firstname.lastname@example.org or (509) 682-6660
- Omak: Shelly LaGrou, Friendship Hall 210A, email@example.com or (509) 422-7952
- Once your application has been reviewed, and is determined to be complete, you will receive an enrollment form from either Rhonda or Shelly. Submit the enrollment form to the WVC Registration Office.
Option 2: Fast-Track Course
3 weeks, no credit
The Fast-Track courses are offered through the Continuing Education Department and the schedule varies.
To register for a Fast-Track course, follow these steps:
- Decide when you will take a Fast-Track course. The schedule is available on the Continuing Education website. The schedule is subject to change so check the website often for up-to-date information. Questions can be directed to the Continuing Education department: firstname.lastname@example.org or (509) 682-6900.
- Sign up for an open Fast-Track course online. If the course you want is full, add yourself to the waitlist and sign up for a back-up course.
- Complete the Fast-Track CNA Application (PDF).
- Submit the completed application to Continuing Education (Wells Hall, Continuing Education Department, email@example.com, (509) 682-6900)
- Conviction of certain crimes may prevent completion of the clinical class requirements of the program and may prevent future licensure and employment in health care. A criminal record check is required prior to any clinical training experience or clinical field trips. If you have a criminal record, meet with the WVC Dean of Allied Health to determine if your criminal history would prevent access to a health care facility. Please call (509) 682-6660 for more information.
- To explore occupations and find related career information, go to www.mynextmove.org.