WVC Industrial Technology Programs
Wenatchee Valley College Industrial Technology offers students four programs from which to choose. Certificate programs in drafting technology or welding and fabrication provide training for individuals seeking employment in construction, maintenance, repair and fabrication fields, or within architect, utilities and engineering firms. The digital design program combines industrial technology and art in both 2D and 3D design to prepare for careers in entertainment design and advanced manufacturing. The electronics program offers students the option of the two-year Associate of Technical Science degree that provides training for maintenance electricians and electronics technicians within industrial facilities as well as advanced-level training for plant electricians and other employees seeking to improve their work classification within their company.
Each program of study within Industrial Technology has specific requirements and varying time frames in which the courses must be completed. For more information about each program, click on one of the options below.
Industrial Technology - Electronics (ATS)
Students who complete the ATS in Industrial Technology - Electronics will be able to:
- Correctly and safely use a variety of electrical testing equipment.
- Comprehend printed installation and service literature for complex electrical equipment.
- Effectively use standardized automation software such as Rockwell Software or Siemens.
- Communicate with other professions and the general public using terminology appropriate for the electrical service industry.
- Establish or critique an existing electrical maintenance program.
- Recognize different computer network strategies used with electronic control systems.
- Accrue hours toward a Washington state electrical license.
- Acquire training and education to seek employment or advance in current employment.
- Develop a foundation to continue their studies.
Digital Design (Certificate of Completion)
Students who complete the certificate in Digital Design will be able to:
- Demonstrate skills for entry-level positions in entertainment design and for visualization positions in architecture, engineering and the medical fields.
- Demonstrate software competency in the context of fine art design principles and concepts.
- Demonstrate the diligent work ethic and esprit de corps expected in the design professions.
- Be ready to work as collaborative, team-oriented bsiness professionals.
Industrial Technology Faculty contact information
Professional Technical Programs Office