Welcome to WVC! To return to the homepage simply click on the WVC logo at the top left corner of any page.
Home | About | Contact | News | Programs | Site Index | Español  

Running Start Home
Running Start Handbook
Prospective Students
  -  Qualifying
  -  What to Consider First
  -  How to Enroll
  -  Info Sessions
  -  Compass Testing
  -  Student Fees
Current Students
  -  Calendar
Transfer Resources
 University Admissions
  -  Transferring Credit
  -  University Scholarships
Home/Private School
Parent Information
Get Started Now!

For Parents

It is the policy of the College to regard Running Start students as "regular college students." The college is an adult learning community and we treat all of our students accordingly. Students are expected to be independent and responsible for their actions.

This means that when your students have problems with an instructor, the students should contact the teacher directly. Instructors have office hours to meet with students privately and answer questions and address concerns. When you step in, calling to complain or confront an instructor, you do a disservice both to your student and the instructor. Your students are here to learn. Handling academic issues without mom or dad to referee is one of the lessons.

We are not allowed to give information regarding a student's attendance or progress to parents without the student's written permission. In addition, faculty will not discuss the student's progress without written permission. If your student agrees to share his/her information with you, please download the following form and have your student complete and deliver it to the Running Start office: http://wvc.edu/directory/departments/runningstart/release_of_info.pdf

All student educational records are maintained according to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) concerning information that becomes part of the permanent record and governing the conditions of its disclosure. Only name, dates of enrollment, and degrees earned can be released without student authorization.

The college is released to give academic information to high school counselors or administrators if necessary. If you have questions about this please contact Holly Bringman 509-682-6848.

1300 Fifth Street, Wenatchee, WA 98801
Phone: (509) 682-6800
Public Disclosure | Voter Registration
Disablity Services Disability Services

Donate Today!

116 West Apple Ave., Omak, WA 98841
Phone: (509) 422-7800

Last Modified: