Your tuition for college-level courses is paid by your school district as long as you stay within the 1.2 FTE limit, but Running Start is not free. The following costs should be expected:
- Testing fee: $24.00. This covers the cost of the full COMPASS placement test. Sections cost $8.00 if taken individually.
- Registration fee: $5.00 per quarter (Wenatchee campus only). Does not apply to non-credit classes (continuing education).
- Course fees: variable. Some courses have required fees. For example, online courses require a $40 fee per course. Science and art classes may have a materials or lab fee.
- Textbooks: variable. All students must purchase their own textbooks, which can be expensive, ranging from $100 to $150 per class. A full-time student may expect to pay approximately $450 per quarter for books. Some vocational programs are much higher.
- Comprehensive fee: $1.00 per credit (Omak campus only)
- Transportation: variable. Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from school. On-campus parking is available for $25 a quarter (Wenatchee campus only). Link Transit offers a free bus pass to students taking six or more credits.
- Food: variable. Students must bring or purchase their food, either off or on campus. Wenatchee's campus has a cafeteria in Van Tassell.
If you decide to take more than 15 credits, or a non-college-level course (such as MATH 97), you will be responsible for the additional tuition. This is $106.84 per credit. Please review the table below for more information.
Students who qualify for free or reduced lunch at their high school are NOT required to pay for the additional credits above 15.
Please note that many fees are based on the number of credits that you are taking. Quarterly fees must be paid every quarter.
Student and course fees will need to be paid at the time of registration.
WVC does offer a fee waiver and book assistance program for students who qualify. Please review the Running Start Student Fee Waiver and Book Loan Application for additional information. The fee waiver does NOT apply to all fees. Also note that fees may change at any time without prior notice.