Applications for the winter 2024 program are open now. Applicants will be notified on their status in early September 2023 and classes will begin in January 2024.
- Have completed a Licensed Practical Nursing program with a cumulative GPA of a 2.0 or higher.
- Minimum 2.0 GPA earned in every nursing course.
- 60 credits of general education requirements, including:
- CHEM& 121 Intro to Chemistry (5 credits)
- BIOL& 211 Majors Cellular or BIOL& 160 General Biology (5 credits)
- BIOL&241 Human Anatomy & Physiology 1 with lab (5 credits)
- BIOL& 242 Human Anatomy & Physiology 2 with lab (5 credits)
- BIOL& 260 Microbiology with Lab (5 credits)
- MATH& 146 Introduction to Statistics (5 credits)
- PSYC& 100 General Psychology (5 credits)
- PSYC& 200 Lifespan Psychology (5 credits)
- ENGL& 101 Composition General (5 credits)
- NUTR& 101 Nutrition (5 credits)
- Humanities electives (10 credits)
- Current unencumbered LPN licensure in Washington State, or can receive licensure by start of the program.
Submit official copies of all college transcripts to WVC. More information on submitting transcripts can be found here.
You will upload copies of the following with your application:
- A current resume/CV.
- A professional reference (academic or supervisor within the last year).
- Two admissions essays:
- What are your professional goals and how do you believe that obtaining a BSN will impact or improve your future practice? (max 1000 words)
- All students can contribute to the creation of a diverse and inclusive environment when diversity is defined most broadly. Whether by a personal attribute, characteristic, culture, experience, or behavior please tell us how you believe you will contribute to the diversity of North Central Washington and the nursing profession. (max 1000 words)
- If applicable, you will need to provide proof of:
- Healthcare experience
- Military experience/veteran status
- Experience in a rural setting
- Certified Medical Interpreter
- International experience
Additionally, you will need to pay an application fee of $50 to the cashier's office (Wenatchi Hall)