Emergency Medical Technician Course
EMT 151 13 credits
Emergency Medical Technician
Learn the roles and responsibilities of the emergency medical technician according to National EMS Education standards and requirements. Develop skills in patient evaluation and other emergency medical procedures. Upon successful completion, students are eligible for National Registry Exam to qualify for state certification after meeting the Washington state requirement of employment. Prerequisites: American Heart Association HCP CPR.
The next class will be winter 2019
- Show proof of being at least 17 years of age at the beginning of the course enrollment (proof required). The WA State requirement for entrance into the EMT course is 17 years of age.
- Certification usually requires that you are 18 years of age.
- Provide a copy of high school diploma, GED equivalency, or college transcript showing high school completion.
- Have the physical strength to carry, lift, extricate, and perform similar maneuvers in a manner not detrimental to the patient, fellow emergency technicians, or self. Students will be required to have a physical and signed doctors note.
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider (HCP) card or American Safety & Health Institute Provider ASHI (HCP) card. (card must be current through entire quarter)
- Successfully pass a national background check through Complio and a DSHS background check. Certain crimes can disqualify students from attending clinical sites. Please contact Rhonda Yenney at 509.682.6660 if you have concerns.
- Verification of required immunizations and accident insurance. Please see list of required immunizations and plan accordingly
- Applications need to be brought to WVC on November 26, 2018; incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Information session, September 17, 2018 at 3:00pm in Wenatchi Hall room 2106.
Complete the application and forms and submit all required documents to Rhonda Yenney, WVC Allied Health Secretary, second floor, Wenatchi Hall. Questions? Call (509) 682-6660.