Emergency Medical Technician Course
EMT 151 13 credits
Emergency Medical Technician
Learn the roles and responsibilities of the emergency medical technician according to National EMS Education standards and requirements. Develop skills in patient evaluation and other emergency medical procedures. Upon successful completion, students are eligible for National Registry Exam to qualify for state certification after meeting the Washington state requirement of employment.
EMT Winter 2022 Information Session via Zoom
Topic: EMT Winter 2022 Information session
Time: Oct 6, 2021 05:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting:
- Show proof of being at least 17 years of age at the beginning of the course enrollment (proof required). The WA State requirement for entrance into the EMT course is 17 years of age.
- Certification usually requires that you are 18 years of age.
- Provide a copy of high school diploma, GED equivalency, or college transcript showing high school completion.
- Have the physical strength to carry, lift, extricate, and perform similar maneuvers in a manner not detrimental to the patient, fellow emergency technicians, or self. Students will be required to have a physical and signed doctors note.
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider (HCP) card or American Safety & Health Institute Provider ASHI (HCP) card. (card must be current through entire quarter)
- Successfully pass a national background check through Complio and a DSHS background check. Certain crimes can disqualify students from attending clinical sites. Please contact Rosana Linarez at 509.682.6660 if you have concerns.
- Verification of required immunizations and accident insurance. Please see list of required immunizations and plan accordingly
- Complete Applications and proof of required immunizations need to be brought to WVC starting on TBD; incomplete applications will not be accepted. Registration will continue until course capacity is met.
Complete the application and forms and submit all required documents to Rosana Linarez, WVC Allied Health & Nursing Administrative Assistant, second floor, Wenatchi Hall. Questions? Call (509) 682-6660.