What are the prerequisites?
Click here (PDF) to get a list of all the general requirements and prerequisites. View an Allied Health Information Session online to learn more.
How are transfer credits evaluated?
The program starts every fall quarter and takes 2 years to complete. Applications are accepted in June every year. The next application window will be June 14 - 25, 2021.
You must be 18 by the first day of the program to apply. You must also complete all general requirements and prerequisites (PDF) before applying. Once those requirements are met, complete all the steps below.
- Apply to WVC
- Read the application instructions (PDF)
- Complete the Nursing Application (PDF)
- Send official transcripts from every college you have attended (excluding WVC) directly
to WVC. Do not attach official transcripts to the application.
- Unofficial transcripts can be sent with the application if needed.
- Attach a copy of one of the following:
- Certificate of Completion from an approved Nursing Assistant program
- Current Washington state NA-C License
- Attach your Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) score printout
- The score printout does not need to be official, but it does need to show your name and all scores
- Submit your application
Selection of students for the program is based on grades. Specifically, the program considers:
- Your cumulative college GPA
- Your average grade from BIOL& 241, BIOL& 242, and BIOL& 260 (or equivalent)
- Repetition of these courses may affect your application
- Your grade from ENGL& 101 (or an equivalent freshman composition course)
LPNs who want to become RNs should start by requesting an official Credit Evaluation (PDF). Once your credits are evaluated, you will work with the WVC Director of Nursing to determine your next steps.
All applicants will be notified about a month after applying. If you are accepted to the nursing program, you must complete all the requirements detailed on this page (PDF) as well as all items listed in the acceptance packet. You should also be prepared to pay a $50, non-refundable, acceptance fee.
- Acceptance to WVC does not guarantee acceptance to the Nursing program.
- If you leave the Nursing program for any reason, contact the WVC Director of Nursing to discuss your re-entry options at (509) 682-6660.
- On-the-job physical requirements include the ability to lift 50 pounds, carry 20 pounds, sit for 4 hours, and stand for 8-12 hours.
- Conviction of certain crimes may prevent completion of the clinical requirements of
the program and may prevent future licensure and employment in health care. A criminal
record check is required prior to any clinical training experience or clinical field
trips. If you have a criminal record, meet with the WVC Director of Nursing to determine
if your criminal history would prevent access to a health care facility. Please call
(509) 682-6660 for more information.