Now accepting applications! Part-time and full-time options are available.
- Priority deadline: June 1
- Final deadline: September 1
- Priority deadline: May 15
- Final deadline: August 15
New cohorts begin Fall Quarter
- Acceptance to Wenatchee Valley College (apply here)
- Completed application to WVC BAS-T program (apply here)
- Earned associate degree (or higher) from a regionally accredited institution
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- BAS-Teaching Prerequisite Coursework
- Prerequisite coursework checklist (coming soon)
- Portfolio option information (coming soon) - A portfolio may be used in lieu of ECED or EDUC coursework for individuals who have been employed in an early childhood setting (birth to 3rd grade) for a minimum of one year and who are seeking initial licensure through the BASTeaching Program. For additional information, or to see if you qualify for the portfolio option, contact Dr. Rose-McCully at email@example.com.
- Submit scores on the WEST-B, SAT, or ACT (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about receiving a financial aid voucher for the WEST-B exam)
- Complete and pass criminal background check (completed through the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) prior to or upon acceptance into the program)
- Complete FAFSA/WASFA financial aid applications, if applicable (learn more)
- Complete interview with Early Childhood Education faculty (applicants will be contacted by faculty to schedule an interview upon submission of application)
- Completed application to Wenatchee Valley College, if not currently enrolled (apply here)
- Resume or CV
- One (1) professional and/or academic references from a current supervisors or faculty member within the last year.
- Two (2) admission essays:
- What are your professional goals? How do you believe that obtaining BAS-Teaching will impact or improve your future practice? (500-1000 words)
- Describe the most pressing educational needs in your community. Identify how you might address those needs as a prepared teacher. (500-1000 words)
- Transcripts from all post-secondary education programs (upload unoffcial transcripts - offcial transcripts will be submitted after admission)
- Portfolio artifacts (only required if you are submitting a portfolio in lieu of the completion of ECED or EDUC coursework)
Note: You will need to pay an application fee of $50 online or to the cashier's office.