Default Font Size Icon

GED Testing Information

Para Español, oprime aquí.    

As of January 2014, GED has transitioned to a computer-based test. Scores from the computer-based test are not compatible with the paper version; therefore, if an examinee did not successfully complete all five sections of the GED on the paper version, he or she will need to start testing all over on the computer-based version.

To schedule a test anywhere in the state visit As of 2021, Wenatchee Valley College is no longer a GED testing site.
If you require accommodations for testing, you will have the opportunity to indicate that when creating an account on

Minimum age for taking the GED is 16. If you are under 19 years old, you must submit a release form (Request for Approval to Test for General Educational Development (GED) Diploma) signed by an official at the last high school you attended or from your local school district office.

Visit to request a transcript of your GED scores.
Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes early. Latecomers may not be admitted. You must show current photo ID at check-in for each test or you will not be permitted to test. Children may not accompany you to tests. You will not be allowed to take any personal belongings into the testing room with you. Lockers are available.

GED Testing Service offers MyGEDTM at as a start-to-finish online program to help you succeed. This personalized program guides you through the entire testing process and helps you find study help and prepare for tests. You can visit the Study tab on MyGEDTM to find online study materials and books, information about local adult education centers, and GED ReadyTM: The Official Practice Test. Your Score Report on GED ReadyTM will include personal feedback and recommendations to help you improve your scores.

WVC offers Adult Basic Skills classes that can help you prepare for the GED by taking practice tests and learning smart test-taking techniques. To contact the Transitional Studies department in Wenatchee call (509) 682-6790, to contact the Transitional Studies department in Omak call (509) 422-7958.