Submitting or Revising Policies & Procedures
1000.010 SUBMITTING OR REVISING POLICIES & PROCEDURES PROCEDURE
Anyone can submit suggestions for developing a new or revised policy or procedure through the following procedure:
A. POLICY OR PROCEDURE SUBMITTAL
The draft is submitted to the appropriate administrator for the area with responsibility for the policy or procedure. The administrator will ensure that:
- The proposed policy or procedure is appropriate and needed and there is adequate discussion with representatives of all parties impacted by the policy or procedure.
- The proposed policy or procedure follows the established format.
- If the proposed policy or procedure is revised, that all revisions to the original are indicated by using “track changes” during revision or coding the changes in a way that distinguishes them from the original document.
- The proposed policy or procedure is reviewed by the human resources office before being submitted to the president’s cabinet for discussion, compliance, numbering and referral if necessary.
B. FOR POLICY DEVELOPMENT OR REVISIONS:
- Cabinet may approve, disapprove or return the policy to the originating administrative unit for further revision.
- If approved by the president’s cabinet and the president, the policy will be forwarded to the board of trustees. The board of trustees may adopt the policy as presented, revise the policy or return it to cabinet for revision, or fail to adopt the policy.
- If adopted by the board of trustees, the policy is sent to the human resources office for posting on the college web site.
- Policies that are not adopted will be returned to the appropriate administrator for disposition.
C. FOR PROCEDURE DEVELOPMENT OR REVISION:
- Cabinet and the president may approve the procedure, or return the unapproved procedure to the appropriate administrative unit for further revision or disposition.
- If approved by cabinet and the president, the procedure is sent to the human resources office for posting on the college web site and presentation to the board of trustees. Approval of the board of trustees is not required for procedures.
Approved by the president’s cabinet: 10/2/01
Title changed and revised; approved by the president’s cabinet: 12/8/09
Presented to the board of trustees: 10/9/01, 1/20/10
Last reviewed: 9/24/19
Procedure contact: Human Resources
Related policies and procedures
000.010 Definitions Policy
000.020 Authority to Develop Policies and Procedures
000.030 Implementation Policy
000.040 Maintenance of Manual Policy
1000.020 Policy & Procedure Review Procedure