Use of College Libraries
300.910 USE OF COLLEGE LIBRARIES POLICY
A. LIBRARY LOANS
Materials from the college library-media center are checked out only to the following groups.
- All currently registered students of the college.
- All current faculty and administrative staff members.
- All persons currently employed in classified staff positions.
- All (verified) residents of District 15.
- Community borrowers may checkout print materials only. No audio-visual material checkout or computer access.
- Students from other institutions with which the college library-media center has a reciprocal lending agreement through a "shared use plan." This group may use materials on a loan basis at the discretion of the circulation supervisor who will determine lending priorities based upon the current usage of individual items by Wenatchee Valley College students.
B. DAMAGE OR LOSS
In cases where damage or loss of library material occurs, the patron will be assessed the replacement cost. When materials are not returned, holds are placed on the transcript records of those involved. In extreme cases, when expensive or valuable items are involved, the provisions of RCW 27.12.340 concerning willfully retaining library materials may be invoked.
The library shall have the right to inspect packages, brief cases, containers, articles, and materials leaving the building to prevent the unauthorized removal of library resources. The inspection may be done by persons or devices designed to detect unauthorized removals.
D. PROHIBITED ENTRY
The library shall have the right to prevent entry of foods and beverages, animals (except for service animals) or other things detrimental to the library purpose.
Adopted by the board of trustees: 4/11/01
Last reviewed: __/__/__
Policy contact: Instruction
Related policies and procedures
None identified at this time