Default Font Size Icon

Contracting/International Students

600.640 CONTRACTING/INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS POLICY

  1. In accordance with state statutes, the college is authorized to contract with special groups of students to provide education and services and to retain in local accounts the tuition and fees received from these students. For purposes of this policy and in compliance with this rule, Wenatchee Valley College hereby classifies foreign students with F-1 status as a special group of students.
    The college will receive no state reimbursement for FTEs generated by foreign students.
  2. For purposes of this rule, the college is required to name an official contractor of record, which shall serve as the official sponsoring agent for foreign students.
  3. All fees shall be paid to the official contractor of record, who shall retain a maximum of 5% for administrative costs. The remaining 95% shall be returned to the college within 30 days of receipt of funds and placed in local fund 145. After direct and indirect costs of providing education and services to these students are recovered, the remaining funds shall be used for special projects as determined by the president.

Adopted by the board of trustees: 4/11/01
Last reviewed: __/__/__
Policy contact: Administrative Services

Related policies and procedures
None identified at this time