Military Education & Experience
As required by RCW 28B.10.057, Wenatchee Valley College will award academic credit for military training. The academic credit awarded for prior military training must be granted only for training that is applicable to the student’s certificate or degree requirements.
- Students must have 15 WVC transcribed credits with a 2.0 or better GPA to be eligible for academic credit for prior learning (ACPL) consideration.
- ACPL credit is limited to a maximum of 30 credits required for WVC degrees or certificates. Workforce programs, specifically, are limited to 25% of total credits for degree.
- Credit is posted as a “P” grade, will not affect the GPA and will not apply to WVC residency requirements.
- There is no fee for this evaluation.
Individuals must be enrolled in a public institution of higher education and have successfully completed any military training course or program as part of the military service that is:
- Recommended for credit by a national higher education association that provides credit recommendations for military training programs;
- Included in the individual’s military transcript issued by any branch of the armed services;
- Documented military training or experience that is substantially equivalent to any course or program offered by the institution of higher education.
- Per the Veteran’s Administration, all veteran student transfer credit must be evaluated within two quarters of program start. After the third quarter, if the student does not submit all transcripts, he/she must be decertified for the use of VA education benefits.
- Some military transfer credit will be subject to external evaluation criteria (e.g. Aviation Maintenance Technician and Professional Pilot.)
- Veteran student using education benefits are not permitted to opt out of prior credit evaluation.