Questions to Ask Your Faculty Adviser
Students are in different places on their educational path; use these questions to generate your own questions to ask your Faculty Adviser on Advising Day.
- Can you help me choose classes for next quarter?
- Do I need any more English or math for my degree?
- Have I been taking the right classes for my degree?
- Am I on track to graduate?
- I still don't know what I want to study, how did you decide on your career?
- I'm almost done with my degree:
- Can you help me figure out what I need to do to transfer to another school?
- Can you give me advice on looking for a job?
- What kinds of grades do I need to get to pass English and math classes?
- What careers options are there in my field?
- How much education is needed for my career goal?
- What are the differences between associate degrees and bachelor degrees?
- What is the difference between a major and a minor?
- How does my GPA impact my transfer options?
- What are appropriate electives for my majors?
Things to do after you meet with your Faculty Adviser:
- Double-check your schedule for any conflicts.
- Ensure there are no time conflicts between the classes you have selected.
- Ensure there are no conflicts between your class schedule and work schedule.
- Ensure you have met all of the prerequisites for the classes.
- Figure out how you will pay tuition.
- If you are paying out of pocket, will you have the funds ready by the tuition deadline?
- If you are working with Financial Aid or some other funding source, have you checked to ensure your funding will cover your classes?
- Register for classes on your assigned day and time to get priority pick of classes.
- Get your books.
If you need to change your Faculty Adviser, stop by the Educational Planning and Testing Center on the first floor of Wenatchi Hall in Wenatchee or the front desk in the Administration building in Omak.
If you are having trouble reaching your Faculty Adviser, stop by the Advising Drop-In Center in Van Tassell, room 5002, for additional advising help. Call (509) 682-6553 to schedule an appointment or stop by during walk-in hours:
- Monday: 10am-12pm and 1-6pm
- Wednesday: 10am-12pm and 1-4:30pm