WVC Foundation Executive Director announces departure
David Davin, WVC Foundation executive director, 509-682-6415
Libby Siebens, community relations executive director, 509-682-6436 (Mon.-Thurs.)
Wenatchee Valley College Foundation Executive Director David Davin has accepted a new position at a community college outside Chicago. His last day at WVC will be September 28.
Davin will serve as executive director of institutional advancement and the foundation at Elgin Community College. He will begin the new position in mid-October.
During Davin’s tenure, the foundation took on many new projects and experienced considerable growth. Several key impacts include:
- Organizing the most successful Foundation Gala on record, which raised over $88,000 in its first year.
- Engaging nearly 200 new and returning donors who had not given in five years or more.
- Increasing the number of foundation staff, board members and volunteers.
- Increasing business sponsorships by $20,000.
- Increasing the number of campus and community partnerships.
- Bringing the community to campus with more free events.
“It has been an honor to lead this foundation for the past 15 months,” Davin said. “We have accomplished great results, which the next executive director can continue to build on.”
The college will announce an interim executive director shortly.
Wenatchee Valley College enriches North Central Washington by serving educational and cultural needs of communities and residents throughout the service area. The college provides high-quality transfer, liberal arts, professional/technical, basic skills and continuing education for students of diverse ethnic and economic backgrounds. Visit our website, wvc.edu.