Default Font Size Icon

FAQ: Advising Services

What is the difference between educational planners, faculty advisers and counselors? 

Educational planners primarily focus on providing academic and support services for first-time students. Educational planners interpret placement test results and recommend appropriate classes; assist with academic planning, course selection and scheduling a student's first quarter at WVC; and assists students with gaining an understanding of the complete requirements of a program.

For more information see the advising information page, or the counseling department page.