January 1, 2018-December 31, 2023
Wenatchee Valley College Strategic Plan
Goal: To support student learning, Wenatchee Valley College will be efficient, transparent and accountable through deliberate, collaborative and sustainable alignment of resources.
- Objective: Fund a grant coordinator position to broaden funding sources and increase institutional capacity.
- Objective: Enhance partnership with Wenatchee Valley College Foundation to grow community financial support.
- Objective: Develop transparent, stakeholder-built budgets that are informed by data.
- Objective: Create efficiencies through application of technology and automation.
- Objective: Enhance enterprise technology to meet Wenatchee Valley College’s needs first.
- Objective: Build, equip and maintain sustainable facilities that are focused on student learning and success.
Goal: Wenatchee Valley College will foster an environment where students reach their educational goals and direct their own futures.
- Objective: Increase five-year student program completion and transfer rates.
- Objective: Expand student learning community opportunities.
- Objective: Provide technology as a foundation for students to succeed in and adapt to a changing world.
- Objective: Support current and expand future baccalaureate opportunities at Wenatchee Valley College.
- Objective: Integrate “soft skills” for students into college-wide student learning outcomes and across the curriculum.
- Objective: Support the development of faculty to become leaders in their fields.
- Objective: Create faculty and staff learning communities to support collaboration and improve student outcomes.
Goal: Wenatchee Valley College will be a responsive cultural and educational hub through proactive outreach and community partnerships.
- Objective: Increase online offerings and access options to accommodate time and place restrictions for students.
- Objective: Wenatchee Valley College will seek to maintain a level of technology to meet community needs.
- Objective: Provide greater internship and job shadowing opportunities for students in the community.
- Objective: Provide responsive curriculum and programs for the community.
- Objective: Increase college outreach through traditional and non-traditional sources to reach underserved segments of the community.
- Objective: Provide clear evidence throughout the district of the college’s presence and role in the community.
- Objective: Develop a coherent plan to accurately assess community needs.
Goal: To achieve equity, Wenatchee Valley College will become a more inclusive, diverse and culturally rich institution that establishes a thoughtful and respectful learning environment.
- Objective: Double international enrollment.
- Objective: Create a college-wide diversity strategic plan.
- Objective: Strive to increase the diversity of our faculty to more closely reflect our diverse students and the community.
- Objective: Develop an inclusive working environment to support and retain diverse faculty and staff.
- Objective: Use universal design principles to make Wenatchee Valley College fully accessible.
- Objective: Increase diversity course offerings and implement a diversity requirement for program completion.
- Objective: Improve college relationships among faculty and staff to support open, respectful and inclusive discussions on diversity.
Goal: Wenatchee Valley College will support students through a holistic approach which effectively admits, registers, advises, mentors and retains students.
- Objective: Increase student-to-student mentoring programs.
- Objective: Improve student orientation.
- Objective: Develop and require student college success gateway courses for all students.
- Objective: Support the full implementation of a one-stop student service experience.
- Objective: Increase the quality of faculty advising and educational planning.
- Objective: Continued advancement and use of multiple means of assessments for placing students in English and Math courses.
Goal: Wenatchee Valley College will promote a climate of ongoing improvement based on its mission, core themes and college wide student learning outcomes.
- Objective: Use technology to widely distribute data on student success at all levels to college stakeholders.
- Objective: Full participation of those in instruction and non-instruction at Wenatchee Valley College in collecting, analyzing, reporting and formulating improvements centered around college-wide student learning outcomes.
- Objective: Effectively communicate Wenatchee Valley College improvement efforts to internal and external stakeholders.