Events and activities announced for WVC Open House on April 7
Rachel Evey, WVC Foundation alumni relations coordinator, 509-682-6413
David Davin, WVC Foundation executive director, 509-682-6415
A line-up of activities and events for the Wenatchee Valley College Open House on Saturday, April 7, is now available. The campus-wide event runs from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and is free and open to the public.
Activities throughout the day include:
- Mini-lectures: WVC educators speak on topics including sea farming, linguistics and the opioid crisis.
- Alumni events: there will be a free alumni barbecue at the historic Wells House and a time capsule opening for the classes of ’92 and ’93. There will be also be a women’s soccer alumni game, with the current team playing alumni.
- Tours: In addition to all-campus tours, there will be tours of specific academic programs and departments.
- Workshops: There will be workshops in English and Spanish for students to learn more about enrolling in college, applying for financial aid and getting support while attending. Plus, a student panel will be available to talk about what it’s like to attend WVC.
- Family fun: There will inflatables on campus, a professional photo booth and a scavenger hunt with WVC-themed prizes.
- Raffle: There will be a raffle to win a $1,000 Princess Cruise Gift Certificate, sponsored by the WVC Alumni Network and Journey Travel and Tours.
An ASL interpreter will be available during the event. Those who need additional accommodations or have accommodation questions should contact Carla Boyd at email@example.com.
There will be many other activities going on throughout the day that spotlight the people and programs at WVC. A full schedule and more details about these events is available at wvc.edu/OpenHouse. The WVC Open House is coordinated by the Wenatchee Valley College Foundation.
The WVC Foundation was incorporated in 1971. It exists to build relationships between the community and the college and raise financial support for Wenatchee Valley College students, programs, faculty and staff, as well as special projects such as building campaigns like the Music and Art Center. For information on how to make a gift to the foundation, establish a scholarship or include the WVC Foundation in your estate plans, contact (509) 682-6410. Visit the WVC Foundation website at www.wvc.edu/foundation.