Study Abroad Application
So you are ready to study abroad! Follow the steps below to apply. Or you can print off the Study Abroad Checklist.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with a Study Abroad Coordinator (email@example.com).
- Apply for a passport (or make sure your passport is valid).
- Find the Application for a U.S. Passport Application online.
- Locate a Passport Acceptance Facility near you.
- Submit your application early (standard processing takes 4-6 weeks).
- Gather all the application materials listed below:
- Complete the online preliminary application (links to WCCCSA How To Apply webpage).
- Write a one page personal essay answering the questions outlined on the preliminary application.
- Collect two letters of recommendation (one must be from a faculty member).
- Provide copies of your most recent unofficial transcripts.
- Submit your application materials online.
A Study Abroad Coordinator will follow-up with you and walk you through the next steps in the process. There will be additional forms to fill out that differ based on the program.
- Pay the program deposit.
- Pay the remaining program fees and tuition by the deadlines.
If you plan to use your financial aid award to help pay for some of the program costs, remember to work with the Financial Aid Office early (509-682-6810). A Study Abroad Coordinator can help you with this step.
- Prepare to go abroad and make travel arrangements.
As you prepare to go abroad, start reviewing some of the resources found on this page regarding finances, cultural adjustment, identity abroad and more.
- Enjoy your time abroad.