Foundation approves funding for Wenatchee Valley College
Rachel Evey, interim foundation executive director, 509-682-6410
Libby Siebens, community relations executive director, 509-682-6436 (Mon.-Thurs.)
The Wenatchee Valley College Foundation Board of Directors unanimously approved $478,817 in funding to support WVC for 2018-19.
The approved funding will benefit students, programs, faculty and staff on the Wenatchee campus. Funding items include:
- $279,212 in scholarships
- $20,000 to veteran work-study support
- $46,905 for the WVC Spirit Committee and faculty and staff awards
- $45,000 from the Crane Fund for agricultural program support
- $10,000 for the Knight’s Care Fund to help students facing financial crisis
- $15,000 for college staff development
- $4,600 from the G. & M. E. Miller Fund to support the Tree Fruit Research Program
- $23,100 for Associated Students of WVC, study abroad and internship scholarships
- $5,000 for scholarship software for the financial aid office
- $30,000 was awarded as an unrestricted gift to the college to fund new software, faculty and staff training, building maintenance and any other miscellaneous expenses associated with overall advancement of WVC.
“Thanks to our generous community donors we are able to support the college in many ways,” said WVC Foundation Interim Executive Director Rachel Evey. “Whether it’s helping students during financial crisis or improving the classrooms they learn in and the equipment they use, we want to continue to empower them to learn and grow.”
Evey said that funding for equipment and programs is made possible largely through donations of unrestricted funds, or donations made to the foundation to be distributed as they see fit. She said this allows the foundation to meet the college’s changing needs each year.
To make a gift to the Wenatchee Valley College Foundation, visit wvc.edu/Give or call 509-682-6410.
The WVC Foundation was incorporated in 1971. It exists to build relationships between the community and the college and raise financial support for Wenatchee Valley College students, programs, faculty and staff, as well as special projects such as building campaigns like the Music and Art Center. For information on how to make a gift to the foundation, establish a scholarship or include the WVC Foundation in your estate plans, contact (509) 682-6410. Visit the WVC Foundation website at http://www.wvc.edu/foundation.