The following is a list of trainings that employees can take during the stay at home, stay healthy or other directives, teleworking opportunities or to further the expansion of your mind. Some of the training will only be available for a short time and the list of training opportunities will be changing, sometimes daily. Please contact Tim Marker if you have questions about this webpage or the contents.
Supervisors may direct the employee to complete specific training or assign priority to specific training.
Employees: Email documentation to your supervisor as directed. Documentation can include a certificate of completion, a copy of the screen that indicates completion, or if not available, document the videos you viewed, the policies you read or the courses you completed by listing the title, date completed and number of hours/minutes. In lieu of the emails, with supervisor permission, this can be done using a teleworking log available on the HR webpage/Resources or at the link on this page.
Washington State Board of Community & Technical Colleges (SBCTC)
Washington State Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The EAP has a treasure trove of webinars, trainings, and other resources on a variety of topics.
- EAP Resources Page (EAP resources are available to WVC full time employees, however, some resources are not available temporary or part-time employees)
- EAP Orientation video (15 minutes)
- Work/Life services Orientation video (11 minutes).
Labor & Industries (L&I) Workplace Safety
Upon completion, print the certificate, or the final test score, or a screen image of the final slide.
- All L&I Safety Trainings (over 100)
- Office Safety and Health
- Ergonomics for Home Offices (PowerPoint)
- Office Ergonomics
- Office Safety and Health (PowerPoint)
Northwest Independent Contractors Association (NICA) Safety
Review WVC Policies & Procedures
- All WVC Policies & Procedures
- 500.510 Teleworking Policy and 1500.510 Teleworking Procedure
- 500.115 Ethical Standards/Conflict of Interest Standards Policy
- 1500.600 Suspended Operations & College Closure Procedure
- 600.115 Travel Policy and 1600.115 Travel Procedure
- 600.630 Meals & Refreshments Policy
- Department of Retirement Systems (DRS) Info, Webinars, Videos, Etc.
- A variety of articles on personal finance, budgeting, saving, investment, etc.
PeopleSoft Canvas Courses
For employees who use any of the HP systems (SMS, FMS, PPMS). Login to Canvas (must use Google Chrome browser).
- PeopleSoft Fundamentals
- Student Self Service
- Employer Self Service
For employees enrolled in a PEBB Medical Plan
- PEBB SmartHealth Well-Being Assessment (20-30 minutes)
- Various SmartHealth topics and activities. Earn wellness incentive points by completing activities. Select activities in your SmartHealth account. Receive $125 off your next years' deductible for Uniform Medical Classic plan or $125 toward your HSA if you have the Uniform Medical Plan Self-Directed Health Plan, when you accumulate 2000 points by the qualifying date (as of 2023).
- Washington State Ethics Board Quiz (10-15 minutes - print the completion screen and send it to your supervisor).
- Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect (60 minutes)
- Department of Enterprise Services (DES) Training (more details about these opportunities below)
- Return to Worksite Coronavirus Education
DES offers over 40 different trainings, including YouTube videos, TEDx talk videos, online training, articles and whitepapers, there is something for everyone. The trainings are updated most Mondays so check back often.