Default Font Size Icon

Financial Aid For Dreamers

Washington state law has expanded eligibility for the Washington State Need Grant to low income, non-citizen students who meet the program's eligibility requirements and also satisfy the residency criteria below:

  • Have graduated (or will do so before beginning college) from a Washington high school, or obtained a GED.

  • Have lived in Washington for three years prior to, and continuously since earning the high school diploma or equivalent.

How To Apply

To apply for the State Need Grant, students who are ineligible for federal financial aid due to immigration status, may instead complete the free Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA).

Visit the website to apply: