Student Tuition Easy Payment Plan (STEPP)
The Student Tuition Easy Payment Plan (STEPP) lets you pay tuition and fees at your own pace. A more flexible payment schedule can help you afford college and make budgeting simpler.
How it works:
- Enroll for STEPP at the Cashier’s Office, located on the first floor of Wenatchi Hall. Open Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-5 p.m. More info: (509) 682-6500.
- Make your first payment at the time of enrollment. At the time of enrollment, you must pay one third (1/3) of your total tuition and fees for the quarter, plus a quarterly, nonrefundable enrollment fee of $25. Nonrefundable fees don’t qualify for the payment plan and are due with the first payment.
- Continue making payments at your convenience. Payments can be made at any time throughout the quarter and in any amount. Payments must be made over the phone (509-682-650) or in-person at the Cashier’s Office.
- Pay off all tuition and fees by the final deadline. Complete all payments by the final deadline of the quarter*. If you miss this deadline, a nonrefundable late charge of $40 will be added to unpaid accounts the next business day after the due date.
- Re-enroll for the next quarter. If you’re taking classes again next quarter, you will need to re-enroll – start over at Step 1!
*FINAL deadline of the quarter for 2018-2019: Fall: Nov. 15; Winter: Feb. 15; Spring: May 15; Summer: July 30. If a deadline falls on a holiday or weekend, payment is due the next business day.
What to know about STEPP:
- Enrollment window: The Tuition Payment Plan is available for students each quarter through the fifth business day of the quarter.
- What it covers: The Tuition Payment Plan applies only to tuition and required class fees not covered by financial aid or third party sponsorship.
- Eligibility: Students enrolled in a minimum of five credits and owing at least $200 are eligible.
- Schedule changes may cause changes to tuition and fees due. Please contact the Cashier's Office to have your Tuition Payment Plan adjusted for any revision to your original credit load.
- Dropping or withdrawing from classes: You may still owe tuition after dropping or withdrawing from classes. The official college refund policy applies and tuition balances will be determined based upon the refund period. Tuition and fees paid under the Tuition Payment Plan may be forfeited if a student drops classes during the refund period. Unpaid service (late) fees will be deducted from refunds processed.
- Payment reminders will be sent to the student’s WVC-issued email address.
Example payment deadline schedule
Below is an example to demonstrate how the payment deadlines work.
If total tuition for the quarter is $600, and total nonrefundable fees is $75, then:
- Amount due at time of enrollment: $200 (1/3 of tuition + nonrefundable fees + $25 enrollment fee)
- Remaining amount to be paid by final deadline of the quarter: $400 (total amount paid will be $700 by the end of the quarter)