The eligibility requirements for the TRIO SSS program are determined by federal guidelines.
For an overview of our eligibility criteria, check out this short video:
To be eligible, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident and
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate and
- Be accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled at Wenatchee Valley College in a college-level program and
- Intend to transfer to a four-year college to pursue a bachelor's degree and
- Not already have a degree from a four-year college or university
In addition to the requirements above, our students must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Be a first-generation college student (neither parent nor guardian has graduated from a four-year college or university) OR
- Be low-income (according to federal guidelines*) OR
- Have a documented disability and are registered with the Student Access Office at WVC
*Refer to the Federal Low-Income Guidelines Table below. For families with more than
eight members, add $6,810 for each additional family member.
Note: "Taxable Income" is different from and often less than "Adjusted Gross Income". If you have any questions or difficulty locating Taxable Income, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Household Size||Taxable Income|
If you have any questions about our eligibility requirements, please email us at email@example.com.
Or, if you prefer, you can download a PDF of our application.