Work Study and Student Employment
What is work study?
When you apply for financial aid, work study is one type of aid for which you may qualify. Work study is not applied directly to your tuition account. Instead, you work at a job and receive a paycheck twice a month. Work study can be on or off campus.
The name "work study" is confusing! You can't usually study while you are working at these jobs, but they are jobs designed for students with a flexible schedule that works around your classes.
The maximum amount a student can earn is determined by financial need and funds available. Students can work up to 19 hours per week while school is in session. We work to match students with jobs that relate to their career pathway.
Follow these steps:
To find out if you are eligible, email Career Services.
In the subject line put Am I eligible for work study? Include your full name.
Open positions (see below) and off campus opportunities are sent to student email accounts in the Career Center News and are posted on the Career Center job board on the first floor in Wenatchi Hall. Fill out an application and bring it to the Educational Planning and Testing Center, first floor in Wenatchi Hall. A background check is required. Speak to the Student Employment & Career Navigator if you have concerns.
**Unavailable at this time** Walk-in hours
- Monday 9:00 a.m. to noon
- Wednesday 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
When you are hired for a position, make an appointment at the testing center for an onboarding session (complete employment paperwork). Bring ID/employment documents to the session. Refer to page 3 of the I-9 form for a list of acceptable employment documents.
Work Study- Current Openings
*There are less work study positions available during the campus closure due to COVID-19*
- Computer Lab Assistant (2 positions available) job description
- Customer Support Specialist (4 positions available) job description
- Grounds Laborer job description
- Program Assistant - Exercise Science Dept job description
- STEM Liaison - MESA job description
- Student REC Center Aid (10 positions available) job description
- Student REC Center Lead (2 positions available) job description
- TRIO Tutor (2 positions available) job description and job application
- TRIO Outreach Assistant (1 position available) job description
- City of East Wenatchee; Information Systems Intern, Finance Department Intern (2 positions available) job description1 , job description2
- Community Assistants (1-3 positions available) job description
- Community Engagement Specialist (300h Part-Time) job description
- Project Navigator (300h Part-Time) job description
- Fiscal Technician - Financial Aid Office job description
- Office Assistant - Career Center job description
- STEM Tutor - CAMP job description
- Business Office Assistant - Business Office job description
- Hydro Asset Management - Chelan PUD job description
Career Center News is sent to all student email accounts. It provides links and contact information for employers that contact the Career Center and are interested in hiring students for jobs and internships. Watch your student email for the most up to date information!